Search This Blog

Family Photoshoot in St. Louis

>> Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do you ever have one of those days were it feels like the stars are aligned just for you? Well the Friday we were in St. Louis was totally one of those days for me, and I loved it.

Jackson and I slept late, got dressed, and I grabbed a coffee to go. {Mr.'s law firm has an office in St. Louis, so he woke up and went to work every morning.}  We picked up some flowers and headed to my grandma {and grandpa's} to put flowers on their grave.

Up until this day, the weather in St. Louis was unusually hot and humid. But, on Friday, Fall was finally in the air. I drove with the windows down and told Jackson stories about his great-grandparents.

I arranged beautiful red roses in a fall bouquet for each of them and Jackson played with a bird named Wade. It felt good to shed a few tears and then Jackson and I were on our way.

Did I mention how wonderful the weather was?!? As we drove with the windows down and the music playing, I decided to run into the mall to see if I could find a long sleeve shirt for the football game later that night. And I did, first stop, perfect black shirt!

So, Jackson and I headed back to my sister's house to nap and get cleaned up for the game. I sent my sister a text telling her that I wanted to get some family pictures when she got off of work, outside, in this gorgeous weather...

My sister took it one step further and brought her good teacher friend home from school with her. This friend of her's also happens to be an amazing St. Louis photographer! See how the stars are aligning???

I grabbed my guys and we loaded up in my sister's car and headed to downtown Eureka for a little family photo session. The sky was bluer than blue, my boys were cuter than cute and now I have a picture perfect memory of my picture perfect day!

Thank you Katie for capturing us at our best, I can't wait to have a new house to cover the walls with these pictures!!!








Photobucket

8 comments:

Amy October 13, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

those are too perfect, and days like those are awesome and very cathartic for the soul! I love them, i wondered if the new blog header was from a fun photo shoot, we are hoping to do one soon, so good :) another photog to look into!

caycee October 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

Beautiful family pics with a beautiful family! love them all!!

KJJ Houston October 13, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

LOVE EM! How did you get baby boy to smile so much!! So cute!!!! PRESH!

Ashley October 14, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

What a great day so awesome that it all worked out, that is great that your sister knew that girl, how fun!!!!

Tim and Heather October 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

these really are FANTASTIC pics! It makes me so excited for Katie to get ours next month! I think if I were you it would be hard to just choose a few favorites- I would want them all! :)

Jennifer October 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Things all just happen for a reason :) The pictures came out so fabulous!! You all look great. You truly have a beautiful family :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails