Search This Blog

Through the eyes of a toddler

>> Friday, October 22, 2010

Last Saturday was our first house showing, which didn't result in an offer, so we headed over to Loli & Pops for breakfast.  Jackson didn't sleep great the night before, what's new, and was incredibly clingy all day.  I debated whether or not I wanted to run away or relish in this I only want Momma and everyone else better get away from her phase.

The weather was gorgeous, and I was actually able to lay out for an hour while Pop and my brother entertained Jackson.  So I guess I technically ran away for a little while:)

Mr. and I debated all morning over whether or not we should leave Jackson to run to Baton Rouge for the LSU game.  At one point I even thought about sending Mr. by himself and staying home, but that wasn't very nice.  On the other hand, leaving him with anyone in his mood wasn't nice either.

It was homecoming, so the game wasn't supposed to be a close one.  So we ending up bringing Jackson with the intentions of leaving before the end of the game.  To all of our surprise, we had the best time as a family of three!

Watching Jackson experience the traditions of LSU football gives me goosebumps.  Seriously, his eyes light up.  He claps for all the plays, good or bad.  And he LOVES the band.  He shakes his little butt and does a little dance.  Poor boy has no rhythm either:)

And I have to say fellow Momma's, having a diaper bag certainly makes transporting Mommy Juice very convenient.  I may or may not have mixed up a sippy cup or two with said Mommy Juice for the game.  Remember my morning, I needed it, please don't judge:)

The group we were sitting with was awesome.  I love that we are in such a family friendly section.  There was even a group of college guys that played football with Jackson for the entire 2nd quarter.  I still question who was more entertained by their little game of catch, the boys or Jackson:)

After a bag of goldfish and pretzels, a sucker from another nice momma, and some pieces of cotton candy from the kids next to us, it was time to go.  Jackson got wiggly and was a sticky mess, but it was the end of the 3rd quarter... about 3 quarters longer then I thought we'd last at the beginning of our day.

I love these memories we get to make, and am so thankful that Jackson is a social kid.  However, I hate that LSU is all about making money and requires everyone to have a ticket.  Yes, even when Jackson was weeks old at his first game he had to have a ticket to get in.  We've lucked out on having extra tickets so far, but I think Jackson will have to sit out the BAMA game.

Hope y'all have a great weekend, geaux tigers!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly October 22, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Love the pictures........looks like he had a BLAST!!!!! Have a good weekend and GEAUX TIGERS

Amy October 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

He's too cute, everything seems so much more fun when there's a cute baby involved. :) I can't wait to take my kiddo to OUR tiger's game ;)

Jennifer October 23, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

It is so great that you and Mr. and Jackson get to share these great times at the games. I think it is crazy that Jackson needs a ticket, but that is a another story. He looks adorable in his jersey :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails