Search This Blog

Tailgating with a toddler

>> Friday, October 15, 2010

It's no secret that LSU football is a big part of our lives. Remember this post, we once went an entire season without missing one game! I'm sure there are days that Mr. wishes we could live that life again.  Life is different with a toddler, what can I say.  Jackson has changed things up just a little bit!

Gone are the days that Mr. wakes before sunrise to head to Baton Rouge on gameday. Forgotten are the Saturdays spent cookin' and drinking at the tailgate until kickoff and long after the stadium lights are turned off for the night. And the drunken debacles of the Krewe of WTF {this could mean what you're thinking or it could also stand for Wilson Tailgating Friends} are just memories of the past. 

Don't get me wrong, we Mr. still bleeds purple and gold, it's just a little different tailgating with a toddler in tow. We made it out to the home games last year, but Jackson was an easy baby. He'd sleep on my chest, even when we watched the LSU Golden Band from Tigerland march down the hill. And was small enough to be held all day.

This season we've only made it to one game, and we rolled in to town about an hour before kickoff. Most people looked at us like we were insane for bringing Action Jackson with us. But, I have to say, he did great. Thankfully we had some other kids around us, and I had a bag full of snacks to keep everyone happy:) Not to mention the fact that I leave Jackson Monday-Friday, so leaving him all day Saturday isn't an option in my book.  The weather has been fabulous and we all love to be outside!


I digress.

It's days like this though that make me look forward to the future. To the days that Mr. and Jackson will spend together on a football field. And when Jackson truly shares in his father's passion for the purple and gold.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love my boys?!?

We'll see how brave I feel in the morning, Jackson may or may not be coming with us again. I mean, it's homecoming and maybe Mr. will let us leave at halftime. The score should be a lot to a little at that point:)

Hard to believe this was my little guy last year!

Geaux Tigers!

 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous,  October 15, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

cute! i love that white tank that you're wearing in these photos... bama has homecoming tomorrow too. & while it's an sec team, it's only ole miss (who's not that great this year. thankfully.)... have fun tomorrow!

Lindsey B October 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

While the Bulldogs will always be #1 in my heart, Purple & Gold makes this NOAL girl feel "at home"!

So glad y'all had fun!!

Unknown October 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

NICE! It looks like he really enjoyed the game. Makes me wanna a boy but for now Im good with the thought of Autumn and Blair being cheerleaders on the sidelines as Jackson is running all over the field in Tiger Stadium!

Unknown October 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

NICE! It looks like he really enjoyed the game. It makes me want a boy, but for now I think Im ok with the idea of Autumn and Blair as LSU cheerleaders cheering from the sidelines as Jackson runs allover the field in Tiger Stadium!

Anonymous,  October 16, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

He is so cute in his jersey!!! Oh how I miss LSU games and tailgating. I can't wait until we get to go, we haven't been all season.

Jennifer October 18, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

You are so funny Kristen...I love that you are probably the trendiest tailgater I know..LOL! It is great that you and Mr. have a passion for something that you can share with Jackson now and for the rest of his life :)

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails