Search This Blog

Infertility reflections, 2 years later

>> Tuesday, October 12, 2010

As I sat and watched LSU beat the Florida gators Saturday night I couldn't help but think back to this match up two short years ago.  The outcome of the game was certainly different this time around, but that was the farthest thing from my mind.

At the end of the game, Mr and his dad were yelling and cheering for the win, it was intense.  And I sat with them, holding my son, cheering for us.  Not for the Tiger, but for us.  We did it! Two years later, we are exactly where I want to be, a family of 3.  There were days that I wondered if I'd ever be able to say that.

If you're family, or my parents, please stop reading now.  Okay, I warned you;)

I'm sure y'all are wondering where I'm going with this post and what in the world a football game has to do with our journey to a family of 3.  Well, it has everything to do with it!

The last time LSU played at Florida, two years ago, Mr. was supposed to go to the game.  However, when my cycle started and we got our schedule from our RE, he had to sell his tickets to the Swamp.  As timing would have it, Mr. needed to stay home to make Jackson with me!

And as I held my sleeping 16-month-old baby at the end of the game all the shots, the bloating, the hormones and the stress all seemed to fade away. 

Nothing good is ever easy, and nothing easy is ever good... getting here wasn't easy, but there's no place I'd rather be!



Photobucket

5 comments:

Meet the Brummett's October 12, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

Is it sad that I was just thinking about this like last night? Even sadder maybe that I don't think about my own struggle with makin' babies? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I feel like I played a part in making action Jackson since a certain bathroom break with you and Brittany and a needle?! :) Love ya girl and that precious baby boy!

Lindsey B October 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

This post made me cry!

Football season was always so hard for me while battling infertility - all of the cute, smocked, monogrammed babies running around intensified my desire to have my own little family.

It has been so wonderful to have reached that dream this season!

Ange October 12, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Ahh - such a sweet post!! I think about this all the time too...how what I was doing 2 years ago at this time and how I never could've dreamed how much happiness Chloe would bring to our lives.

Jennifer October 13, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

I am so happy for you Kristen. It seems like the journey has not only made a beautiful child, but made you and the Mr. better people :)

Karen At Home Blog October 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

We also went through IF and think back to what was going on in our lives when it finally happened! We had to leave Jeff's hockey banquet early to "have fun". I was also on the shots and had to time everything just perfectly. It's amazing how the IF memories will always be with you. I pray things are easier for you the next time around!

Karen

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails